Workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
As a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp, you will work in a high performance team environment to drive business development and sales growth by providing technical expertise around Development Operations specifically in the context of multiple technical (development. operations, and security) and executive audiences.
In this role you can expect to...
- Lead as a domain expert in Development Operations to the sales team and technical lead on strategic client relationships in large Financial Services, Healthcare, Web, Retail and other industry verticals
- Lead pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, technical value proposition, architectural guidance, sales campaign support and ongoing client relationships
- Ability to provide expert guidance on Development Operations (DevOps) concepts with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio and the competitive landscape
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations and proof of concepts to ensure the solutions/products meets client objectives
- Actively assist other Sales teams in pre-sales engineering responsibilities
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years Technical Pre-Sales / Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are welcome as well
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Domestic and occasionally international travel required
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MF1
Medical, dental, and vision
HashiCorp offers your choice of medical plans as well as dental and vision coverage for you and any dependents, including spouses, domestic partners, and children. Coverage begins upon your first day of hire.
Our 401(k) plan provides a variety of investment options to help you fund your retirement. The plan allows you to contribute a designated amount of your pre-taxed income from each paycheck thereby lowering your taxable annual income.
We call San Francisco home, but our team is spreading across the world. Though some roles may be location dependent, we welcome remote work.
Flexible time off
We embrace a culture of personal responsibility and mutual trust, and we want our vacation and time off policy to reflect that. The FTO Policy allows employees to take paid time away from work for not only vacations and illnesses, but a variety of other personal needs. Employees may use FTO in any increments of time and there are no minimum allowances or maximum limits.
You may elect up to $255 per month for transit as well as parking expenses for a total of $510 for the purchase of commuter passes or payment of approved transit vendors. The monthly elections are pretax deductions which will lower your taxable income.
½ paid day off for company community service
Everyone is encouraged to take advantage of our company community service day which takes place on Veteran's Day each year and allows you take a half day of paid time off for the purpose of volunteering with a local charity of your choosing.
Life and disability insurance
HashiCorp provides life insurance coverage in the amount equal to your annual salary at no cost to you. You will also be covered under our short term and long term disability policies in the event that you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to a health condition.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
You can set aside pretax money to go towards the purchase or payment of approved health care and dependent care expenses. These can include copays, birth control, day care for children or elder adults, acupuncture, and more.
Generous paid holidays
We offer 8 Paid Holidays each year to all employees. We respect all major holidays, and provide an extended break for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
HashiCorp at a glance
HashiCorp focuses on Cloud Management, Software, Cloud Infrastructure, Cyber Security, and Private Equity . Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, HashiCorp has raised $349M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.