Workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application
Sr. Technical Account Manager
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
You will join a high-performance team where previous experience with cloud infrastructure, program management, enterprise technology implementation, and customer advocacy will play a critical part in the day to day work. You will be an integral part of helping aligned customers achieve their cloud operating model and vision, guiding them through the strategic and technical facets of their cloud transformation journey. We do this by providing prescriptive and proactive mentorship to our customers through architectural blueprints and success plans. We utilize relationship management skills, and technical credibility to optimally communicate at all levels of the organization. By anticipating customer needs and bringing to bear your abilities and extended teams, we will ensure our customers are successful and achieve value quickly. Outstanding renewal and expansion rates will define your success.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Reach trusted advisor status by anticipating the customer’s needs and becoming the “go-to” person for standard methodologies and reference architecture advice to achieve their business outcomes.
- Take ownership and manage a customer portfolio across many industries and use cases. Understand and relay trends in your customer portfolio and provide recommendations to our business for maximized results.
- Develop strategic partnerships (Director and up) to understand a customer’s business.
- Organize, develop content, and lead compelling customer business reviews and executive sessions to better understand their business and technical needs while showcasing the value to influence your partners.
- Plan for customer events and launches, partnering with Product and Engineering to ensure customer success during critical moments. Work with Customers and Support to guide issues/critical issues to resolution.
- Organize and lead customer onboarding to identify stake-holders, customer needs, and potential challenges. Validate the success criteria, and where needed, re-level the customers’ expectations to ensure success.
- Utilize your project management skills to drive our customer lifecycle while paying strict attention to detail and deliver results across multiple initiatives, such as driving expansion, customer happiness, feature adoption, and retention.
- Build, own, and maintain customer scorecards to inform stake-holders, drive adoption, and message the value delivered by HashiCorp.
- Ensure open lines of communication with proactive valuable outreach to maintain your contacts and become the post-sales main point of contact.
- Maintain and demonstrate the knowledge of your customers’ environments and use cases to help Support and Services better serve your customers while influencing the HashiCorp roadmaps.
- Identify and mitigate risks and blockers to product adoption to prevent revenue and account churn.
- Advocate for your customer as you coordinate across Sales, Product, Services, and Support to drive success and become the voice of the customer.
- Coordinate, develop content and lead compelling customer business reviews that influence your partner and showcase value
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 8+ years of TAM or program management experience with technical aptitude. Prior hands-on experience is a strong plus.
- Well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and an ability to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at driving the deployment of software products or solutions to large and multifaceted enterprise companies
- Skilled and proven success working in a remote culture
- Thrives by having regular interactions with customers and is proactive in their outreach.
- Skilled with OS (Unix or Windows) command-line operations, and security models
- Familiarity with Public Cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and MS Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, puppet, Chef, etc.
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel internally or to customer sites 30% of time
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RS1
Medical, dental, and vision
HashiCorp offers your choice of medical plans as well as dental and vision coverage for you and any dependents, including spouses, domestic partners, and children. Coverage begins upon your first day of hire.
Our 401(k) plan provides a variety of investment options to help you fund your retirement. The plan allows you to contribute a designated amount of your pre-taxed income from each paycheck thereby lowering your taxable annual income.
We call San Francisco home, but our team is spreading across the world. Though some roles may be location dependent, we welcome remote work.
Flexible time off
We embrace a culture of personal responsibility and mutual trust, and we want our vacation and time off policy to reflect that. The FTO Policy allows employees to take paid time away from work for not only vacations and illnesses, but a variety of other personal needs. Employees may use FTO in any increments of time and there are no minimum allowances or maximum limits.
You may elect up to $255 per month for transit as well as parking expenses for a total of $510 for the purchase of commuter passes or payment of approved transit vendors. The monthly elections are pretax deductions which will lower your taxable income.
½ paid day off for company community service
Everyone is encouraged to take advantage of our company community service day which takes place on Veteran's Day each year and allows you take a half day of paid time off for the purpose of volunteering with a local charity of your choosing.
Life and disability insurance
HashiCorp provides life insurance coverage in the amount equal to your annual salary at no cost to you. You will also be covered under our short term and long term disability policies in the event that you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to a health condition.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
You can set aside pretax money to go towards the purchase or payment of approved health care and dependent care expenses. These can include copays, birth control, day care for children or elder adults, acupuncture, and more.
Generous paid holidays
We offer 8 Paid Holidays each year to all employees. We respect all major holidays, and provide an extended break for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
HashiCorp at a glance
HashiCorp focuses on Cloud Management, Software, Cloud Infrastructure, Cyber Security, and Private Equity . Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, HashiCorp has raised $349M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.