Empowering the world to build a safer internet
Staff Software Engineer
HackerOne is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to help us build an easy to use, robust and scalable data platform from the ground up. We strive to build and operate high-quality services and systems that bring the power of data into our products.
We value our culture of trust, open communication, and continuous learning. If you are passionate about joining a mid stage company, fully remote team; shaping the vision and architecture of HackerOne’s data products; and going from the whiteboard design of a system all the way to the nuances of its code implementation, come join us!
Mission of the Product Data Team at HackerOneOur mission is to make data available for consumption by our core product engineering teams.
Your Journey at HackerOne
- The team is currently working on parsing https traffic from our Hacker VPN and making that available to our platform. On this project you’ll jump into AWS service creation & management, script parsing of PCAP files, and optimizing Elastic Search query consumption of this data.
- As a staff engineer you’ll have a significant impact on the technical direction of this team
Who You Are
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms and how to apply them to real-world full stack development
- Experience with writing production quality code in Python/Scala/SQL, using functional programming in general
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to design, build, automate, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines responsible for ingesting, transforming, connecting, storing, and delivering heterogeneous data sources into production
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Workflow management/job schedulers (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, etc.)
- Distributed logging systems (Kinesis, Kafka, etc.)
- Batch processing (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Cloud storage: (S3, GCS, etc.)
- MPP databases (Snowflake, Redshift, Vertica, etc.)
- Query execution (columnar storage, push downs) (Hive, Presto, Parquet, etc.)
- Stream processing (Beam, Spark, Flink, Storm, etc.)
- IDL (Avro, Protobuf, Thrift, etc.)
- HackerOne commits to maintaining the strong, inclusive culture we’ve built for our employees and our community of hackers. As a team, we...
- believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration, and community;
- believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience;
- strive to be a member of the community: engage and evangelise engagement with white-hat ethical hackers; and
- champion proactive security practices to make the internet a safer place.
- For more information about our values check out our blog HERE
HackerOne at a glance
HackerOne focuses on Internet, Enterprise Software, Security, Data Security, and Mobile Security. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Singapore, London, and Groningen. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, HackerOne has raised $74M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2017.