Empowering the world to build a safer internet
Sr. Business Partner
As our Sr. Employee Success (HR) Business Partner, you will play a key role in partnering with managers whose top initiatives include building engaged teams and encouraging a thriving culture in service of building a more productive and profitable business. This role contributes to the health and success of the organization by knowing the business priorities and proactively collaborating with business leaders to identify, develop, and implement functional strategies that meet the needs of the business including ensuring that the function has the right talent, structure, culture and processes in place.
You will solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. In our model, the business partner builds strong people management skills within the leadership team. You will also work in close partnership with the Recruitment, People Operations, People Programs, Employee Experience and Total Rewards leaders on the Employee Success team to develop these strategies.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA and reports to our Director, Employee Success.
Mission of the Employee Success Team at HackerOne
The Employee Success (ES) team at HackerOne never takes a boilerplate approach to “HR.” We pride ourselves at being open and innovative in the ways we build our programs, write our policies and support our team members. Our team requires you to be a flexible, creative and communicative champion for all HackerOnies in supporting the growth of our organization as well as shape the evolving needs of the business and our people while building a great place to work.
- HackerOne commits to maintaining the strong, inclusive culture we’ve built for our employees and our community of hackers. As a team, we
- believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration, and community;
- believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience;
- strive to be a member of the community: engage and evangelise engagement with white-hat ethical hackers; and
- champion proactive security practices to make the internet a safer place.
- For more information about our values check out our blog HERE
Your Journey at HackerOne
- Help us to revolutionize the way we’ve done “HR” in the past. You will lead our teams from a reactive approach to a more consultative and strategically-focused team.
- Champion and embody HackerOne’s mission and core values.
- Partner with our People Managers to help them build and develop their people and organizations.
- In partnership with the business leaders manage and develop career pathing within each function
- Coach managers and leaders to lead their teams, navigate and resolve employee relations issues or manage programs that help develop our people.
- Demonstrate your exceptional talents at putting the people first, and being as clear and transparent as possible in helping others understand how people decisions get made.
- Partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work.
- Have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with our people to get things done on a variety of people related areas. As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support the People Operations team, People Programs (L&D), including compensation, performance and talent programs.
- Provide insightful data to guide decision-making and offer proactive solutions.
- Develop integrated solutions through collaboration with people team functions such as employee development frameworks, tools and training.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in a business partner or similar role.
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have the ability to take build structure and process from scratch.
- You have collaborated with business leaders to create development plans, solve complex problems, and influence change.
- Solid experience building comprehensive career paths and leveling structures from scratch to rollout and application.
- You’ve led managers through complex employee relations issues, terminations and PIP processes.
- You build trust easily and are known for your deep relationships across an organization.
- You’re capable of flying high and being a strategic player in one breath and flying low and diving deep the next.
- Ability to prioritize and excellent project management skills. A master at, “getting things done” and a bias for action.
- You’re knowledgeable in multiple human resource disciplines including employee engagement and retention, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management.
- You will thrive in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environments.
- People describe you as exceptionally organized.
- Cross-functional communication comes naturally to you in solving problems and addressing roadblocks.
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth.
HackerOne at a glance
HackerOne focuses on Internet, Enterprise Software, Security, Data Security, and Mobile Security. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Singapore, London, and Groningen. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, HackerOne has raised $74M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2017.