AI For Everyone
Data Scientist0.0% – 0.5%
We are in need of a product-focused software engineer who is confident across our technology stack of the python, data science libraries (numpy, pandas, pyarrow…) and C++.
You will be working on an existing market-validated product, with a prioritised backlog of issues groomed and ready for you to hit the ground running from your day one.
To begin with, your day-to-day will be working through this backlog. However, you’ll be growing into a leadership role from day one, working in close quarters alongside the CTO, product designer, software engineers and data scientists team to build a new kind of user experience for data science.
You’ll be integral to our ability to meet the requirements of product scale-up, and your technical and product contributions will profoundly influence the direction the product takes in the long-term. Passion for what Gyana is aiming to achieve will go a long way.
You look like someone who definitely:
- Has strong experience with python, its standard library, patterns and data structures
- Has strong experience working with libraries in the associated data science ecosystem, notably numpy, pandas, pyarrow, numba and scipy.
- Has a basic working knowledge of C++
- Has at least 2-3 years commercial engineering experience
- Is able to work constructively alongside a Product Owner
- Has a desire to work in an early-stage startup, with everything this implies
- Enjoys small teams and big ambitions
- Enjoys the pressure of responsibility and the responsibility of autonomy
- Is passionate about product (maybe even entrepreneurial?)
And maybe even has (for bonus points!):
- More extensive experience working on high performance C++, such as in scientific computing, with an understanding of optimisations.
- Experience writing python extensions in C++, either via Cython or direct binding
- Early-stage startup experience
GYANA at a glance
GYANA focuses on Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Geospatial, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, GYANA has raised $7.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.