GRŪP is a mobile app for real life, with real friends
UI/UX Designer$50k – $75k • 0.25% – 1.25%
We are searching for an experienced UI/UX Designer to work hand-in-hand with our highly experienced CTO. We have the back-end developed, from database and infrastructure to the first iteration of the platform in the form of an integrated chatbot. Our next step is building out the GRUP app itself in Q1 2020, with a talented designer coming onboarding during the development process.
We are looking for designers who not only have an excellent eye for detail, but also a commitment to making sure features are bug-free, fast, and compatible across mobile devices. You should also enjoy working on experiments, testing, and data-driven design decisions. This is a creative leadership role where a lot of design will be at your discretion, as we are looking for a true partner to come on board and add a creative skillset to the team.
This candidate will be responsible for building a clean and effective user experience for our customers. By working cross-functionally, this candidate will understand needs from the product management, engineering, and business stakeholders and will be able to build solutions that fit those needs.
- Designing user experience solutions that are intuitive, clean, and effective to achieve our business & product goals.
- Ensure that established design standards are consistently and appropriately applied within design work
- Engage with product management, engineering, business stakeholders, and third-party vendors to understand project
- Develop and present documentation, user flows, annotated wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Leverage user testing make product improvements
- Making data-driven design decisions to improve the product and provide ROI
- Creating alignment on design decisions across the design, product, engineering, and executive teams
- Improving and polishing existing designs, promoting consistency and improving workflows
- Delivering complete, consistent results while setting a rigorous schedule for yourself and your peers
- 2+ years' of experience in design
- Proficient in visual design and wireframing tools
- Solid understanding of one of the many IOS UI Kits
- Alignment in core values of accountability and desire to get better every day
- Advocate of radical transparency and open-mindedness
- A portfolio with example work of other IOS UI projects
- A well rounded UI/UX professional who can connect the dots between business needs, innovation, and good design
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with software engineers.
- Team player, respectful of others with strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience designing responsive web applications past the creative phase into production partnering with stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborated with agile software development teams to solve problems together, and continuously enhance and improve working software
- Conducted insightful user interviews with prototypes that they created
Designed visually beautiful and clean user interfaces that served as accurate development plans
This is both a paid and equity position; we are looking for a long-term partner to join our team but we understand people have bills to pay*
Must be located in the US & authorized to work in the US