Insurance Document Automation & Analytics
Head of Business Operations
Groundspeed Analytics (“Groundspeed”) is an artificial intelligence (AI) InsurTech SaaS company revolutionizing the commercial property and casualty insurance industry. Our Groundspeed Rapid Fusion product drastically cuts costs and improves time to quote by unlocking the value in unstructured documents such as loss runs, exposure schedules, and policy data. We automate core processes and provide powerful predictive risk analytics that improve margins, identify profit pools, and improve customer experience. Our clients include top 25 insurance carriers and brokers, including Travelers, Hartford, and LIberty Mutual.
We’re one of the fastest growing InsurTech firms in the world, recently recognized as one of the 250 Top FinTech startups in 2020 by CB Insights. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Groundspeed’s team is distributed across more than 10 locations across the US, including San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, and Denver.
About the RoleWe’re looking for an intelligent, driven professional to be our first Head of Business Operations. Reporting to the COO and working closely with the executive team, you’ll be responsible for developing and operationalizing our growth strategy, pricing, and project prioritization to hit our financial goals. Additionally, you’ll need to closely follow P&C insurance market trends and competitive dynamics to help us develop a market leadership position. You're a resourceful leader who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Your role will have a direct impact on top priority projects and goals and will provide accelerated learning opportunities with a world-class team.
What You'll Do
- Lead, develop, and hire a team of high-performing business operations professionals
- Develop our GTM pricing structure (in partnership with Sales) to balance short-term growth with long-term margin targets
- Lead company wide creation of OKRs and develop a system for tracking and reporting progress on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Utilize data-driven decision making to determine company level prioritization and ensure we are working on projects that drive the most impact
- Partner closely with the Product team to develop long-term product strategy and prioritize new product features required to win in this space
- Be the “glue” and fill in any gaps across the company; incubate new teams such as Sales Ops, Training, etc. until we hire dedicated resources
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the organization (including Product, Engineering, Sales, and Client Success) to drive alignment and execute against business goals
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to disrupt the insurance industry; an entrepreneurial spirit that enjoys both technical and business problem solving
- 8+ years of experience in strategic roles including management consulting, business operations, or strategy
- Experienced people manager with demonstrated ability to develop and lead teams
- Experience in the insurance industry and high-growth startups a plus
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, & navigates ambiguity with grace
- Collaborative: Outgoing team player excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships
- Communication: Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Analytical: Understands financial metrics/KPIs and quantitative levers used to drive our business
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
A broad and growing benefits package that includes 3% contribution to a 401k plan, amazing health insurance, wellness reimbursement, etc.
A culture committed to work-life balance.
A highly collaborative team with mentors for every skill-level.
The opportunity to make a real impact on the insurance industry by being an early player in our market.
Groundspeed Analytics at a glance
Groundspeed Analytics focuses on Analytics, Machine Learning, Insurance, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in Ann Arbor. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Groundspeed Analytics has raised $32M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.