A wealthtech platform that lets everyone build wealth through real estate lending
Sr. Manager, Special Servicing
Recently debuting onto INC. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, GROUNDFLOOR is ranked in the top 10% in the nation at #402 overall, and as the top financial services company in Georgia. Other recent 2020 accolades include being named to the Housing Wire Tech 100, the Technology Association of Georgia's Top 10 innovator, and as an Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter. Without question, GROUNDFLOOR is one of the most promising growth-stage companies in the Southeast.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager of Special Servicing to join our fast-growing Lending Operations team. The role will be vital for ensuring positive resolution on troubled real estate projects on behalf of thousands of individual retail investors who invest on our wealthtech platform. To thrive in this role, you must be an expert in all aspects of loan workout management and interested in helping to build a unique Special Servicing team inside a startup environment. This position will report directly to the Director, Lending Operations and Special Servicing.
- In conjunction with our primary loan servicing team, establish processes and procedures for properties and/or borrowers on the watch list
- Work directly with borrowers or their representatives to negotiate and review foreclosure alternatives to resolve defaulted loans, such as a loan modification, forbearance plan, or deed in lieu of foreclosure, to provide the best possible outcome to GROUNDFLOOR's retail investors
- Manage all loans in workouts, ensuring the proper execution and fulfillment of the workout agreements
- Manage and market all real estate owned properties (REOs) to ensure best possible return on investment with minimal principal loss to investors
- Work with EVP of Regulatory Affairs on any and all foreclosures and other related litigation management
- Proactively make process improvement and lending adjustment recommendations based on your intimate knowledge of industry trends, the real estate landscape, and local market factors
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports of all special servicing activity and results
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Asset Management or Special Servicing
- Residential real estate investment experience with exposure to residential REO and workouts
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals, investment, and market analysis
- Superior transaction, deal structuring and negotiation skills within a real estate context
- Exceptional financial and cash flow analysis skills
- Proactive thinker with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and multitasking skills; ability to quickly adapt and react to changing circumstances and demands with high attention to detail
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
- Requires travel as needed
- Start-Up experience is preferred
- Bachelor degree (MBA or related business degree preferred)
Since its launch in 2013, participants in GROUNDFLOOR’s real estate loans have earned annualized returns averaging 10 to 12 percent in a 6 to 12-month timeframe. No prior real estate knowledge is needed, and the $10 minimum is intentionally a low barrier to entry to give everyone the ability to build wealth in real estate. To date, GROUNDFLOOR remains the only platform offering direct participation in individual real estate investments to all on a broad scale, regardless of income or net worth.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GROUNDFLOOR has raised $23.7 million equity capital from a variety of sources, including venture capital and its own online public offerings (IPO). Currently, the company is 22 percent customer owned with nearly 3,800 shareholders.
GROUNDFLOOR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Metro Atlanta area applicants only. To apply for this job please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Company-funded health, dental & vision
- 401K with company match
GROUNDFLOOR at a glance
GROUNDFLOOR focuses on Financial Services, Marketplaces, Personal Finance, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, GROUNDFLOOR has raised $6.05M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2015.