A wealthtech platform that lets everyone build wealth through real estate lending
Principal Front End Engineer$120k – $170k • 0.0% – 0.1%
GROUNDFLOOR is looking for a principal engineer to join our engineering team. The ideal person for this role enjoys working with the best tools to do the job and enjoys building compelling and rich user experiences, has experience leading a team, knows that writing tests to ensure reliability and robustness of our web applications is important. The position will primarily be focused on working with the business to deliver a world class product experience for our users.
We're looking to replace flows in our front end application, to build out a user experience that will be fast and seamless. We’re a small team, so every person has the opportunity make a big impact on the business in multiple ways. We’re hosted on Heroku with some AWS messaging sprinkled in, though that mix will probably change over time. Our front end application is currently written in Ruby on Rails, and Vue, and it talks to a back end API written in Ruby/Roda.
– Understanding of the various aspects involved in running a large-scale web application, and mastery of your favorite application framework.
– Can provide us with examples of work you’ve done in the past that illustrates your attention to detail and problem solving skills
– Passionate about building good software that makes an impact on people’s lives
– B.S. or greater in a computer science discipline (alternatively, understanding the concepts of the field)
– You communicate clearly and efficiently in verbal and written communication both inside and outside of the team
– Understand that programming languages are tools, not ideologies and are comfortable working in the right one for the task at hand (we use Ruby, JS, Postgres, Vue, GraphQL)
– You have experience with Vue which communicate with a backend api over GraphQl
– You have experience leading teams
– You have experience building tested applications
– Interested in owning a large portion of a codebase
We’re an Atlanta-based fintech startup who is opening the market for peer-to-peer lending in real estate. Our market provides new sources of capital to borrowers and an entirely new class of investments to investors. Currently we’re 50+ employees, hoping to grow by at least 80% in the coming year.
Who we are
– Your work matters. Every member of this team plays a vital role in GROUNDFLOORs success
– Your growth matters. We have weekly 1 on 1 sessions where we discuss performance and growth towards your career objectives
– We respect and appreciate people from different backgrounds and cultures
– We value and select for integrity, intellect, and honesty
– We have an open culture, providing weekly snapshots on growth and the goals of the company
Meet your team
GROUNDFLOOR at a glance
GROUNDFLOOR focuses on Financial Services, Marketplaces, Personal Finance, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, GROUNDFLOOR has raised $6.05M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2015.