A wealthtech platform that lets everyone build wealth through real estate lending
Recently debuting onto INC. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, GROUNDFLOOR is ranked in the top 10% in the nation at #402 overall, and as the top financial services company in Georgia. Other recent 2020 accolades include being named to the Housing Wire Tech 100, the Technology Association of Georgia's Top 10 innovator, and as an Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter. Without question, GROUNDFLOOR is one of the most promising growth-stage companies in the Southeast.
We are currently seeking a seasoned Underwriter to join our fast-growing Lending Operations team. The role will be vital for determining and evaluating loan applications and ensuring compliance against GROUNDFLOOR's lending policy and guidelines. To thrive in this role, you must be extremely detailed oriented, and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment. This position will report directly to the Director, Lending Operations and Special Servicing.
- 3+ years experience manually underwriting hard money or commercial loans; construction lending a huge plus
- Knowledge of real estate lending criteria and compliance
- Proactive thinker with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and multitasking skills; ability to quickly adapt and react to changing circumstances and demands with high attention to detail
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
- Start-Up experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Support standard concepts, practices, and procedures for manually underwriting residential investment property loans.
- Review and evaluate purchase/sales agreement, title, entity documentation, experience, background and credit documentation, and renovation plan and budget analysis in accordance with GROUNDFLOOR's lending policy and guidelines.
- Perform a comprehensive valuation review utilizing public records, third party valuation reports, and market analysis to arrive at a reconciled After Repair Value .
- Manage constant deal flow and prioritize to ensure loans close on time with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation and generate condition lists for the applicants; confirm underwriting conditions are cleared prior to closing.
- Ensure that the correct data is entered into the loan origination system
- Work with loan processors and closers to ensure a smooth hand-off of the files and processing teams to act as a resource for underwriting questions.
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity and escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary.
- Report system issues/outages as they arise and recommend procedural changes as necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Company-funded health, dental & vision
- 401K with company match
Since its launch in 2013, participants in GROUNDFLOOR’s real estate loans have earned annualized returns averaging 10 to 12 percent in a 6 to 12-month timeframe. No prior real estate knowledge is needed, and the $10 minimum is intentionally a low barrier to entry to give everyone the ability to build wealth in real estate. To date, GROUNDFLOOR remains the only platform offering direct participation in individual real estate investments to all on a broad scale, regardless of income or net worth.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GROUNDFLOOR has raised over $26 million equity capital from a variety of sources, including venture capital and its own online public offerings (IPO). Currently, the company is 23 percent customer owned with over 4,000 individual shareholders.
GROUNDFLOOR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Metro Atlanta area applicants only. To apply for this job please submit resumes to email@example.com.
GROUNDFLOOR at a glance
GROUNDFLOOR focuses on Financial Services, Marketplaces, Personal Finance, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, GROUNDFLOOR has raised $6.05M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2015.