Grofers is a mobile platform for on-demand delivery of daily needs
Software Architect/ Senior Software Architect | SDE III | Bangalore₹25,000 – ₹40,000
Grofers is a low-price online supermarket that gets products across categories like grocery, beauty & wellness, household care, baby care, pet care and meats & seafood delivered to your doorstep. At Grofers we believe in improving the quality of life of our customers by providing the best products at the best prices. To be able to meet customer expectations and enrich their shopping experience, we provide them with products they best relate with, help them save money on everyday purchases, and give them the spending power they need.
About the supply chain team
The current position is for the supply chain teams and our primary focus is on scale and cost optimization for running an efficient supply chain. The small tweaks you make, the processes you alter, experiments you run and the business decisions you drive will have reverberating effects on our ability to add value to our customers and keep them coming back for more. The teams work with an agile mindset and are strongly aligned with business outcomes...With each team, you get the autonomy and the tools to work on product features and experiments, take them to your users in a short time and use data to see the effect of your work.
We are here to build a world-class tech organization with elite engineers and change-agents who would help us get there. We are looking for engineers who are skilled, passionate, driven and a wee bit crazy (yes, crazy works!) to join our tribe.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and build systems which enable the logistics team to store and deliver 15 million products per month to customers across 20 cities in India
- Work on the vision, roadmap, and processes that make customer delivery experience more delightful
- Work across teams to design a platform that scales and is flexible enough for various kinds of future scenarios
- Work on optimizing the whole logistics supply chain from warehouse to customer
- Innovate to improve the efficiency of the existing supply chain systems
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development of best practices
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Driving improvements in software development processes through automation of build, test, and deployment
Technical skills required
- 6+ years of experience in full-stack software development with a focus on server-side applications
- B.Tech. / B.E. degree in Computer Science or equivalent software engineering degree/experience
- Experience in building highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems
- Highly experienced in back-end programming languages like Python or Java
- Understanding and implementation of security and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in working with versioning tools such as Git
- Solid experience in software development practices. Exposure to Agile/Scrum and Design thinking approaches
- Experience in architecting systems for a supply chain would be an added advantage.
Excited? You will be, once you visit our Engineering Blog where you can deep dive into all the cool stuff that our engineers have been working on.
Grofers at a glance
Grofers focuses on Consumer Electronics, Groceries, Cosmetics, and Pet Care. Their company has offices in Gurgaon. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Grofers has raised $45M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2015.