Transforming mental health systems
Tech Lead$85k – $120k • 0.2% – 0.5%
As a Tech Lead, you will work as part of our engineering team and lead the execution and delivery of key product improvements. You will design, build and deliver new features and help maintain the codebase and product. You will facilitate our agile development process within your scrum team, and help inform the product roadmap, backlog prioritization and refinement of stories and expics.
We are a startup, which means that you will get a lot of responsibility and have an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the product. We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone's view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn't matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee.
- Leadership: Facilitate and constantly improve the development process as we continue to scale the team, product and company. Provide mentorship to other team members and help them grow their skills.
- Team Player: Work effectively in an agile (scrum) product development environment, participate in code reviews, pair programming sessions, and technical discussions. Help improve engineering systems and automate dev operations.
- Problem Solving: Solve problems across all areas of the business, breaking down large, complex problems into manageable components and translating them to the best solutions. Effectively triage, debug and resolve production issues and customer requests.
- Knowledge Sharing: Share knowledge and ideas with others through pair programming sessions, code reviews, mentorship and brown bags.
- Constant Learning: Collaborate closely with an experienced dev team, learn from their experience and grow your skill set.
- Big Picture: Learn and understand Greenspace’s business objectives and contribute to product growth.
- Passion for software development and building high quality digital solutions demonstrated through a portfolio of past projects (entrepreneurship, work, school or side projects), participation in community events, hackathons, etc.
- At least 3 years of full-stack web development experience.
- Hands-on experience with at least one modern back-end framework in a production environment (Django, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience working with high-scale web applications, performance monitoring, application and DB optimization techniques, and infrastructure scaling.
- Strong knowledge of web development fundamentals including HTTP, RESTful APIs, and cloud-based platforms like AWS.
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code in a large codebase, good grasp of object-oriented programming and other software patterns.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment and proficient with modern software development tools and practices, including git, automated testing, continuous integration, code reviews, etc.
- Great communication, transparency and easy to work with.
- Strong growth mindset.
- Hands on experience with Django in a production environment.
- Experience acting as Scrum Master in an agile environment.
Greenspace Mental Health at a glance
Greenspace Mental Health focuses on Healthcare, Technology, Mobile Health, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Toronto and Kelowna. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.