Transforming mental health systems
Software QA Engineer (Co-Op)No salary
As a QA Engineer, you will work as part of a scrum team to ensure that new features and product improvements meet a high quality standard and ultimately deliver on the customer’s needs. You will employ a combination of manual and automated testing techniques to ensure that we can continue to iterate on the product quickly in a growing codebase. You will become an active participant in our agile development process and help adapt our QA process as we continue to scale the team and product.
We are a startup, which means that you will get a lot of responsibility and have an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the product. We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone's view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn't matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee.
- Perform manual testing of our products in a responsive web environment, including functional testing, UX, usability, security, performance and scalability/load testing.
- Identify and log defects through systematic testing, provide clear and timely feedback for new features and verify that defects are addressed.
- Write automated acceptance tests and help ensure sufficient test coverage through code reviews.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, Design and other product stakeholders to ensure that the solution is well aligned with the customer’s needs.
- Support the delivery and execution of major product initiatives through early and continuous testing throughout the development process.
- Participate in scrum ceremonies including daily standups, sprint reviews and sprint planning.
- Help coordinate product releases, bug fixes and customer requests.
- Champion quality and excellence throughout the organization.
Required Skills to be Successful
- At least 6 months of hands-on experience in web development gained through professional, school or side projects.
- Experience developing test automation using test frameworks like unittest (python), test-unit (ruby), Jest (js), Selenium, Cypress or similar frameworks.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment and proficient with modern software development tools and practices, including git, continuous integration, code reviews, etc.
- Ability to deeply understand and empathize with our customers and their needs.
- Highly organized and able to efficiently juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Great communication, transparency and easy to work with.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong growth mindset.
- Able to integrate and work effectively with the team in a remote environment (using Zoom, Slack, etc).
- Knowledge of Django, React and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience writing automated end-to-end testing (eg. Selenium).
- Hands on experience with REST APIs.
- Previous experience in an agile development environment with ability to assist in backlog grooming and story refinement.
Join our mission to build and grow a meaningful solution across our mental healthcare system. Work within a great engineering culture that includes:
- Tight-knit engineering team divided into small cross-functional scrum teams.
- Collaborative work environment where we work in teams rather than siloed individuals.
- Regular brown bags where team members share knowledge.
- End of sprint socials to celebrate with drinks and games.
Learn more about our core values and culture: www.greenspacehealth.com/about-us/.
Greenspace Mental Health at a glance
Greenspace Mental Health focuses on Healthcare, Technology, Mobile Health, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Toronto and Kelowna. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.