Jr. Software Engineer, Full Stack (Co-Op)No salary
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will work as part of our engineering team on building and delivering key product improvements across our products, becoming an active participant in our agile development process. We are a startup, which means that you will get a lot of responsibility and have an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the product.
We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone's view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn't matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee.
- Team Player: Work effectively in an agile (scrum) product development environment, review other people’s work and help solve technical challenges.
- Problem Solving: Solve problems across all areas of the product, breaking down large problems into discrete components and translating them to the best solutions. Effectively debug and resolve issues and customer requests.
- Knowledge Sharing: Share knowledge and ideas with others through pair programming sessions, code reviews and brown bags.
- Constant Learning: Collaborate closely with an experienced dev team, learn from their experience and grow your skill set.
- Big Picture: Learn and understand Greenspace’s business objectives and contribute to product growth.
Required Skills to be Successful
- At least 6 months of full-stack web development experience.
- Passion for software development demonstrated through past projects (professional, school or side projects), participation in community events, hackathons, etc.
- Hands-on experience with at least one modern back-end framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc.).
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Strong knowledge of web development fundamentals including HTTP, RESTful APIs, and cloud-based platforms like AWS.
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code, good grasp of object-oriented programming and other software patterns.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment and proficient with modern software development tools and practices, including git, automated testing, continuous integration, code reviews, etc.
- Great communication, transparency and easy to work with.
- Strong growth mindset.
- Able to integrate and work effectively with the team in a remote environment (using Zoom, Slack, etc).
- Knowledge of Django, React and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience writing automated unit and integration testing.
- Hands on experience with REST APIs.
Join our mission to build and grow a meaningful solution across our mental healthcare system. Work within a great engineering culture that includes:
- Tight-knit engineering team divided into small cross-functional scrum teams.
- Collaborative work environment where we work in teams rather than siloed individuals.
- Regular brown bags where team members share knowledge.
- End of sprint socials to celebrate with drinks and games.
Learn more about our core values and culture: www.greenspacehealth.com/about-us/.
Greenspace Mental Health at a glance
Greenspace Mental Health focuses on Healthcare, Technology, Mobile Health, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Toronto and Kelowna. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.