Business expertise on demand
Director of Marketing$100k – $150k • 0.5% – 1.0%
Graphite is the leading online platform for high skill remote work. We’re driving a revolutionary shift in the way companies get work done by connecting them with highly vetted, highly skilled workers all over the world to execute their most critical projects on-demand. Coronavirus has created a massive shift in the global workforce towards remote work, and Graphite is well positioned to capitalize on this megatrend.
Graphite has clear product/market fit, as demonstrated by hundreds of healthy and growing accounts in the Fortune 2000, Professional Services and Private Equity segments. We’re looking to hire our first Director of Marketing to own and optimize our marketing funnel as we look scale to $100M of revenue.
Graphite was founded in 2014 and is backed by leading angel investors and institutions.
Director of Marketing Role
As the first marketing hire at the company, the Director of Marketing is responsible for owning all marketing activities for the firm, with an emphasis on demand generation and thought leadership. Most of our leads currently come from word-of-mouth or cold sales outreach. We’re looking for the Director to implement a variety of marketing programs to generate inbound interest and awareness about our product amongst Fortune 2000 buyers, then nurture those leads until they are “sales-ready”. We have a team of 9 sales reps that is already very productive and a key focus of this role is to arm them with more warm leads so they can close even more.
Key areas of focus will be white papers, webinars, events, e-books and other forms of thought leadership. The focus of this role is on increasing both the quantity and quality of warm leads that we generate from our core customer segments on a monthly basis. The Director will be held to a monthly lead quota and must have held a lead quota in the past. We intend to build a marketing team to support the Director over time as our marketing function matures.
- Own and implement all marketing activities for the company, including e-mail marketing, marketing automation, whitepapers, webinars, virtual events, and e-books
- Own and grow the company’s monthly inbound lead number
- Manage and optimize the marketing funnel by creating awareness at the top of the funnel and intelligently nurturing prospects to further warm them up to a sales conversation
- Work closely with Director of Sales to ensure leads are properly passed to sales team
- Assess current lead conversion flows on Graphite website and implement tests / experiments to improve conversion rates across the site
- Develop and iterate on marketing collateral in support of sales team
- Own all marketing copy and marketing pages on company website
- Develop and maintain the company’s blog and thought leadership
- Own recruiting of all marketing hires at the company and maintain relationships with agencies and freelancers
- Bachelor’s degree from reputable institution
- 5-10 years of B2B marketing experience with an emphasis on Fortune 2000 and $50-500K deal sizes
- Previous experience in a high-growth startup environment with an emphasis on growth marketing / lead generation
- Deep knowledge of marketing software including implementation and maintenance
- Previous experiencing hiring marketers and/or managing a small team of marketers
- Previous experience developing whitepapers, webinars and other forms of marketing content for a Fortune 2000 audience
- Strategic mindset and presence in front of Fortune 2000 buyers
- Data driven and agile mindset: ability to quickly run tests, measure results and iterate
- Excellent copy writing skills
- A keen eye for design and ability to develop attractive-looking marketing content and pages that convert at a high rate
- Competitive compensation
- Generous equity package
- 100% health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible vacation policy
- Regular team events (lunches, happy hours, etc.)
Meet your team
Graphite at a glance
Graphite focuses on Internet, Marketplaces, Recruiting, Temporary Staffing, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Graphite has raised $4.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.graphite.com