We raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere
Senior Product Manager - Data Products$125k – $200k • 0.01% – 0.07%
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Data is critical to the success of Grand Rounds. We use data to understand unsolved health care problems like measuring physician quality, modeling patient risk, and quantifying clinical outcomes. We have a lot of data. Billions and billions of data points that exist in all different forms and are stored in different places. Grand Rounds is looking for a product leader to help us use this data to match patients to physicians and services for the best possible outcomes.
In Your First 30 Days:Onboard with our Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams. Understand how we use data currently to identify high quality physicians and what conditions they treat. Gain insight into how data could be used to solve problems for our patients and our internal users.
In Your First 60 Days:Know how our data models work and have a perspective on where we can deliver a better quality product through data. Begin building a strategy, with data science and data engineering, to identify how we should determine which type of doctor to send a patient to and what data we will need. Define the quantitative and qualitative metrics that determine success for the efforts you will be leading.
In Your First 90 Days:Own and have a clear perspective on what Grand Rounds needs to do with data to better match or route patients to care to deliver savings with better outcomes. Become the point person for the products you own. Represent the Product and Engineering teams in cross-functional settings. Lead your first strategic project end to end.
- Internalize and deeply understand Grand Rounds’ mission and strategy.
- Become a product leader who helps connect patients with physicians through our different services.
- Have a vision and strategy for what data Grand Rounds should collect and how to use it.
- Work closely with other product managers, data scientists, software engineers, and others to execute both your vision and others'.
- Ability to prioritize and ship features and products across the full product lifecycle from initial concept, specification, development, to launch and beyond.
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for the Grand Rounds platform and data products.
- Mentor and lead the PMs who work on your team.
- 6+ years of experience as a PM. At least 2 years of experience building data products or data heavy products as a PM.
- The ideal candidate also has at least 2 years of experience working with large data sets as either a health analyst, data scientist or software engineer.
- A passion for improving the way people receive health care by improving access and information availability.
- An eye for detail and an expertise for prioritizing what is important while not sacrificing quality or long term objectives.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and skill with SQL.
- A track record of getting stuff done with minimum supervision
- .Experience working in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects.
- Ability to work with multiple business owners and balance the requirements/desires of different functional groups.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Work from home policy
Grand Rounds at a glance
Grand Rounds focuses on Enterprise Software, Healthcare, Medical, Health Care Information Technology, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Reno, and Lewiston. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Grand Rounds has raised $106M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2015.