Improving lives by improving communication
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to support and extend our work on text processing and data security. This is a unique opportunity to experience all aspects of building complex software systems: playing a major role in defining the strategy, setting up the team for further success and growth, and, ultimately, shipping innovative features to production.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
- Own and design our strategies for further scaling of Grammarly’s text processing systems. You will work with talented product managers, researchers, engineers across the company.
- Make sure user text data is stored and manipulated in a safe way, compliant with all regulations and with our commitments to our users.
- Become a partner for the exceptional engineers: hire them, help them be successful and drive maximum impact on Grammarly’s product.
- Drive execution and delivery on engineering tracks related to text processing and data security.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has strong software engineering fundamentals and can grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Shows strong technical judgment on engineering architecture and product decisions.
- Has a strong track record of building and leading productive engineering teams.
- Is deeply technical but derives satisfaction from helping teams accomplish audacious goals.
- Has the ability to systematically break ambiguous problems down and build execution plans.
- Knows the art of finding an effective balance between different requirements.
- Cares deeply about the work but also about how that work is accomplished.
- Is able to make decisions with incomplete information, but can change course when presented with new data.
- Is curious and has a learning mindset.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- Relocation support: We can help you relocate to Kyiv and make the experience smooth and easy. Grammarly provides a relocation bonus, legal and visa support, temporary housing, moving support and travel expenses, assistance in finding schools for your kids—and all other information you might need.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.