Improving lives by improving communication
System Integration Engineer
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for a System Integration Engineer to join our IT team. This role will help Grammarly improve our IT ecosystem by scaling cloud-service integrations, simplifying the maintenance of infrastructure and services, automating business processes to move toward IT self-service, and improving employee satisfaction. You will work closely with all teams at Grammarly, including Engineering, Security, IT, Customer Support, Marketing, Legal, and others across Grammarly’s global offices.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a System Integration Engineer at Grammarly, you will help to reinforce the team handling infrastructure and services within Grammarly’s IT organization. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Administrate, integrate, and provide support for corporate infrastructure and services (e.g., Okta, Jamf, Atlassian products, Azure, AWS).
- Increase the security of Grammarly’s corporate infrastructure and services.
- Maintain, update, and expand corporate access management process.
- Automate primary IT processes and help Grammarly transition into IT self-service.
- Cooperate with the Platform team to maintain AWS infrastructure.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to build a test environment and maintain existing test labs.
- Be responsible for the availability and health of information systems through service monitoring, change management, and integrity of system data.
- Maintain existing IT how-tos and end-user manuals (processes, policies, procedures, and guidelines).
- Improve customer satisfaction.
- Continuously work to improve the quality of service.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has over 2 years of experience in systems administration or DevOps.
- Has deep knowledge of enterprise administration and troubleshooting of domains based in Windows, Unix, and Apple.
- Has knowledge of cloud infrastructure and security.Is experienced in the integration of various cloud services and automation of business processes.
We’d love to find a candidate who is also
- Able to read/write Golang code.
- Is familiar with ITIL.
- Has a degree in computer science.
- Has IT certifications.
- Has basic knowledge of APIs.
Support for your, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- Relocation support: We can help you relocate to Kyiv and make the experience smooth and easy. Grammarly provides a relocation bonus, legal and visa support, temporary housing, moving support and travel expenses, assistance in finding schools for your kids—and all other information you might need.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.