Improving lives by improving communication
Product Designer, Brand Experience
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
The Design team at Grammarly is responsible for delivering a wide range of product and marketing initiatives, including our brand, product offerings, and research. To support our growing organization, we’re looking to add a seasoned Brand Experience Designer. This role will focus on designing experiences that create strong emotional connections with users to build trust, drive preference, and create affinity.
As a Brand Experience Designer, you’ll work with Product Designers and Brand and Marketing Designers to assess consistency and coherence across our design system, and to identify areas for improvements. You’ll determine opportunities to refine Grammarly's brand experiences through the product. You’ll design best-in-class emotional brand experiences across a wide variety of surfaces.
The Design team is responsible for projects that directly impact business goals and metrics. In this role, you will primarily work with the Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, User Experience Research, and Design Operations teams to design and implement the Grammarly design system at scale. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Build customer loyalty by identifying emotive moments within Grammarly's product experience to create visually beautiful, memorable, branded product experiences.
- Create storyboards to visualize end-to-end product experiences.
- Create user journey maps to identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Define tooling for implementation, ranging from visuals and interactions to content, motion, audio, and haptics.
- Develop cross-discipline relationships between Product and Marketing functions.
- Educate and influence Brand and Marketing teams to leverage Grammarly’s product as a communication channel.
- Build customer loyalty through delightful product experiences.
- Contribute to and operationalize the (brand) design system.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has a minimum of 8 years as a designer on growing design teams.
- Can visualize and develop brand assets and campaigns from initial concept to launch.
- Is proficient with modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Has experience leading work from ideation to completion.
- Is comfortable with an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism from many stakeholders.
- Has experience working with cross-functional partners to rapidly and iteratively prototype interactive experiences.
- Has experience presenting and advocating for their work to a variety of audiences.
- Is relentlessly focused on our customers’ needs and wants.
- Is proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ personal skills and experiences.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.