Improving lives by improving communication
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End (Grammarly Business)
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an exceptional and experienced Front-End Engineer to join the Engineering team for Grammarly Business. This role will work on a wide range of projects, from brand-new features to detailed self-service configuration interfaces. The Front-End Engineer will ship user-focused interfaces and work closely with Product and Design teams while collaborating with many other functional teams across the Engineering organization.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
Millions of people across the globe use Grammarly at work. The Grammarly Business team is focused on building a great offering to empower effective organization-wide communication in the workplace. This is a new team at Grammarly and a huge opportunity to help scale a product offering used by businesses of all sizes around the world. The tools you will build will help organizations customize Grammarly to best suit their communication styles. Your team will create features for admins to roll out Grammarly to their whole organization - so employees can receive targeted suggestions that support clear and accurate communication.
As a Front-End Software Engineer working on Grammarly Business, you will:
- Grow and maintain technical excellence of the team by using the best possible approaches and engineering practices.
- Work on fun and technically challenging projects to deliver popular browser-based apps that have high impact.
- Use React and TypeScript while building super-refined, elegant user interfaces.
- Follow solid design and high-quality implementation practices.
- Make a difference in the lives of people everywhere who write at work!
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks.
- Is ready to tackle infrastructure challenges when needed.
- Knows modern web client development and testing tools.
- Has a good understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration and delivery methods.
- Has experience with at least one non-scripting language (Java, C#, or other).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.