Improving lives by improving communication
Senior Software Engineer, .NET (Windows Extension)
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for engineers with solid expertise in desktop application architecture to join our Windows Extension team. This team will be responsible for the end-to-end development of an entirely new product offering that will help deliver Grammarly’s sophisticated AI system to Windows users. You will be joined by product and design professionals, as well as engineers who get excited by creativity and exploration. The challenge for this role is to pioneer innovative and maintainable solutions—to build powerful and engaging features from the ground up.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
We aim to help users achieve their goals anywhere they communicate. That’s why we are integrating Grammarly with the Windows platform: to make effective and mistake-free writing even more ubiquitous. As part of the Windows Extension team, you will build a new complex and multifaceted product offering, which will offer you the opportunity for creativity and innovative problem-solving.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to creating the foundation of a robust and well-thought architecture.
- Innovate to break through technical limitations and deliver delightful features.
- Build non-trivial UX solutions with complex UI elements.
- Achieve minimum latency while working with complex documents.
- Ensure the product is performant by applying your knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Use C#, .NET, and WPF in work while employing best engineering practices.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has strong knowledge of the C# programming language and .NET framework.
- Also has experience in C++, Win32, COM API.
- Has strong knowledge of OOD and OOP.
- Has strong knowledge and practical experience with multithreading (TPL, asynchronous computations).
- Is excited about finding an optimal solution in situations of uncertainty.
- Enjoys fast-paced delivery and a consistent feedback loop.
We’d love to find a candidate who
- Has experience developing desktop applications for Windows using WPF.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- Relocation support: We can help you relocate to Kyiv and make the experience smooth and easy. Grammarly provides a relocation bonus, legal and visa support, temporary housing, moving support and travel expenses, assistance in finding schools for your kids—and all other information you might need.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.