Improving lives by improving communication
Software Engineer, Mobile
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Mobile team. Affecting how people communicate is extremely challenging and requires flawless execution of memory- and CPU-intensive tasks on mobile devices. The Mobile team works with language models and machine learning models that power Grammarly’s iOS and Android keyboard apps. Engineers on this team convert product ideas into implementations that impact millions of users every day.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
The Mobile team designs and implements features that form the core of our mobile products. You will implement solutions that are fast and that fit in the constraints of a mobile device. Over time, your contributions will help shape the product roadmap and create delightful experiences for our users.
Working on this team will require you to research industry practices for natural language processing (NLP) and adopt them in the team's work. You will also collaborate with researchers to solve problems that require building new language models and machine learning (ML) models.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Has experience with C++ in a production environment
- Can design data structures and algorithms to process large amounts of text on mobile devices
- Can design modules with good APIs
- Has experience in NLP and/or ML
- Is comfortable writing Python code
- Is interested in solving complex math problems
- Has experience with performance tuning and memory optimization
- It’s an added bonus if you have experience with on-device usage of TensorFlow models
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.