Improving lives by improving communication
IT Support Engineer
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for a Support Engineer to join our IT team in San Francisco to support our business and our team members. This role will help Grammarly improve our IT support by managing and troubleshooting requests from end users, providing qualified support within SLAs, and helping respond promptly to incoming requests. The Support Engineer will work closely with all teams at Grammarly, including Engineering, Security, IT, Customer Support, Marketing, Legal, and others across all global offices.
As a Support Engineer at Grammarly, you will be an intricate part of building IT processes and infrastructure during a period of rapid growth for our company and team. You will focus on assisting team members in North America but will think about global solutions. Your work will directly improve employee satisfaction, as you will cooperatively work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and assist in helping the company adopt new IT process automation to transition toward more self-service protocols. You'll do a little of everything and help pave the way for Grammarly’s continued growth.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive end-user support to facilitate smooth IT services.
- Receive, log, and respond appropriately to requests through Grammarly’s ticketing system, email, and other communication channels while liaising with all IT Support engineers.
- Provide technical support for requests relating to accounts, services, hardware, and software.
- Improve response time and target resolution time.
- Improve the knowledge management process and keep Grammarly’s knowledge base up to date.
- Improve existing IT how-tos and end-user manuals (processes, policies, procedures, guidelines).
- Improve customer satisfaction.
- Continuously work to improve the quality of service.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least 4 years of experience working in IT technical support.
- Has solid knowledge of enterprise administration and troubleshooting of MacOS.
- Has solid knowledge of cloud infrastructure and security.
- Has basic experience with SSO solutions.
- Has solid experience with audio- and video-conferencing applications.
- Has solid experience with corporate networks (active network, Wi-Fi, VPN).
- Is a great communicator and a team player.
- Understands that no task is too small or too big to solve.
- Is familiar with ITIL.
- Has a computer science degree and IT certifications.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.