Improving lives by improving communication
Head of Brand
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Head of Brand to join our Marketing team. The Head of Brand will be responsible for leading and building Grammarly’s brand strategy, execution, and measurement capabilities to enable our product and business strategies globally. They will define their function’s vision, develop a strategy, drive execution, and create operational guidelines to ensure that the brand achieves its long-term goals. The person in this role will be a key thought partner for and will report to the Head of Marketing.
The Head of Brand will work with external agencies and internal partners (e.g., Communications, Product Marketing, Customer Insights, Analytics, and Design) to develop and realize Grammarly’s brand strategy. They will also build out additional capabilities as needed and lead all brand strategy initiatives. In this role, they will:
- Develop a brand strategy and a compelling, category-defining brand promise that drives preference for Grammarly over the competition among target audiences.
- Build a clear, distinctive, and compelling brand personality that drives preference.
- In partnership with the Design team, craft a brand visual identity system.
- Develop and expand marketing claims to support teams across the organization in bringing Grammarly’s brand promise and personality to life.
- Unlock key insights and customer beliefs that unlock new audience segments and potential new markets, including international markets.
- Champion brand health measurement with relevant qualitative and quantitative measures, establishing baselines and making the business case for target goals.
- Determine how corporate social responsibility plays a role in Grammarly’s brand identity.
- Scale existing capabilities and build out new ones, including people, tools, and processes, on a high-performance team.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has a proven track record of developing brand architecture and goals, aligning brand goals with other company and team priorities, and driving brand activation across channels and markets.
- Can develop a strategy and apply relevant playbooks to enter or scale multiple markets, including localization, positioning, channel mix, and device-usage considerations for international markets.
- Leads by providing context and clear reasoning, and can align teams around a strategy and plan for action.
- Can walk in our customers’ shoes to understand and represent their voice internally.
- Has command of foundational methods of research and data gathering: surveys, interviews, focus groups, brand tracking, etc.
- Has demonstrable experience partnering with external agencies and leading or influencing internal content and creative teams.
- Clearly understands brand measurement techniques, including long-term attribution and marketing mix modeling, and shares insights to keep others informed on brand performance.
- Can hire, motivate, manage performance, and match individuals to roles that play to their talents. Experience managing through managers is a plus.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.