Improving lives by improving communication
Web Designer, Brand Design
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Web Designer to join our Brand Design team. This role will lead web design for product launches and marketing campaigns for Grammarly and Grammarly Business, working closely with product marketers and content managers to ship great work that drives product awareness, user acquisition, activation, and retention.
As a Brand Web Designer at Grammarly, you will create strong cross-functional relationships across the Marketing team and beyond. Your work will improve the Design team as a whole, as you branch out and help others at the team and company grow.
- Within your first 30 days, you will work with Product Marketing and Content Strategy to create new marketing web pages. You will partner with the Product Design team and the Front-End Engineering team to learn about tools, processes, and best practices to successfully create web design for Grammarly.
- By 3 months, you will work with the Product Marketing and Content Strategy teams to design and A/B test landing pages and websites for our business and consumer products. You will refine and maintain consistency for brand expression in our web design.
- By 6 months, you will create engaging, high-impact marketing web pages focusing on product and user personas. You will create stellar web design solutions for product launches and brand campaigns.
- By 9 months, you will implement foundational improvements to our web design pattern libraries and templates. You will create, maintain, and own web design documentation.
- By year 1 and beyond, you will continue to build strong partnerships across the Marketing team, identifying new opportunities to drive awareness and adoption through thoughtful web design experiments. You will stay on top of web design development trends and find new ways to improve our marketing web interfaces.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has a minimum of 4–5 years of experience designing websites and a relevant work portfolio that shows a strong product design process.
- Can execute on all phases of the design process—from wireframing and designing brand visuals to completing engineering handoff.
- Can help craft A/B tests and multivariate experiments, learn from experiment results, and adapt to changing situations.
- Can transform marketing insights into informed design decisions.
- Will collaborate with engineers to ensure seamless handoff of designs for development.
- Has strong technical skills, as well as empathy and vision.
- Likes taking ownership; is a self-starter and enjoys driving projects from beginning to end.
- Is highly organized and efficient; can handle multiple projects and hit deadlines on time.
- Can effectively communicate ideas and design decisions and can reason though proposals.
- Has an appreciation of the user journey as it applies to marketing—from problem-solving through to detailed visual design solutions.
- Has a growth mindset; likes using marketing insights to inform design decisions and knows how to balance creative and tactical priorities.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.