Improving lives by improving communication
Account Executive (Commercial and Enterprise)
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
In 2019 Grammarly expanded its focus on facilitating strong and consistent professional writing across teams. As effective communication is the foundation of the modern workplace, Grammarly Business is poised to be the enterprise application of choice for businesses of all sizes looking to up-level communication quality within their organizations. (Read more about Grammarly here.)
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for the next class of Commercial and Enterprise Account Executives to join our Sales team. This is a unique opportunity to be a pioneering member of a team reporting directly to either the Global Head of Commercial Sales or the Global Head of Enterprise Sales.
Grammarly Business is building a new sales motion at the company, supported directly by Demand Generation, Sales Engineers, and Business Development Representatives. By leveraging our existing consumer base, you will be a trailblazer in establishing a new era of sales excellence. You may also have opportunities to manage and grow other AEs as the Sales team expands in the future.
In this role, you will work with leadership to unlock new relationships and establish Grammarly’s B2B revenue engine and enterprise sales motion. You’ll have a named set of accounts in addition to a pipeline of inbound sales opportunities to work from. You will also have support from our growing Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Engineering teams to maximize your efforts’ value and success. You will also work closely with your peers to regularly collaborate and test new ideas and approaches.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Demonstrate sales excellence by pioneering Grammarly’s revenue motions.
- Get creative with marketing and sales ecosystem resources.
- Prove and refine a next-generation sales approach for the future Global Sales team.
- Help refine messaging and positioning of Grammarly Business to best support sales.
- Inform the product roadmap for Grammarly Business to unlock faster growth.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is passionate about building from the ground up.
- Has experience with large enterprise deals and selling at a C-suite level.
- Knows how to sell on business value and goes beyond a feature list.
- Multi-threads across the organization.
- Relentlessly sets and pursues short- and long-term goals.
- Can identify opportunities and work through challenges.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Can effectively leverage in-house expert knowledge to close deals.
- Can accurately make quarterly commits and projections.
- Is comfortable closing a large volume of transactions (for the Commercial AE role).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.