Improving lives by improving communication
Customer Support Representative (Social Media)
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Customer Support Representative to join our Social Support team in Vancouver. This person will be responsible for providing fast, high-quality responses across multiple social channels, ensuring that Grammarly users feel satisfied and no questions are left unanswered. They will also help our team create delightful customer experiences across public-facing channels—from Instagram to App Store reviews. Their empathetic interactions with Grammarly users will reinforce Grammarly’s mission and values by addressing user needs with care and attention.
Grammarly exists to improve lives by improving communication, and as a Customer Support Representative (Social Media), you’ll directly contribute to this effort by improving communication with people using Grammarly every day. As the voice of Grammarly in social media responses, you will write tight, on-brand responses to our users. You’ll also have the chance to engage with re-tweet opportunities and to show us your creative skills by responding to surprise-and-delight posts through the use of words or GIFs.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for sorting, tagging, and escalating all inbound social media requests, questions in forums, and new product reviews.
- Work on one-touch support issues, escalating social support issues to email channels while also creating surprise-and-delight responses for Grammarly users.
- Build your skills in handling more brand-forward and high-impact types of requests, eventually managing responses on social channels relating to such sensitive issues as privacy and security.
- Have the opportunity to evaluate Grammarly’s social support practices and give feedback to optimize these processes.
- Possibly grow the role into having ownership over the scaling plan for one area of public-facing support, such as macros, GIF libraries, internal knowledge sharing, training, or another area.
- Improve our listening capability and engage with the broader community.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has experience in managing reactive social media posts and responding in a public domain.
- Has very strong writing skills—can write great copy for different channels and situations and is adept at crafting short, easy-to-read sentences.
- Knows the public-facing support and social media landscape through experience with public channels in the past—and is eager to continue to work in social media customer support.
- Is an empathetic active listener with a solid understanding of tone matching.
- Can write a response that makes our users feel heard, understood, and taken care of.
- Thrives in an environment where change is the norm while still being able to deliver great service amid changing social media landscapes and priorities.
- Is able to work over the weekend (preferably Saturdays).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. But that’s just for starters: We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and transparent and regular review processes.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.
Grammarly at a glance
Grammarly focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Education, Machine Learning, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Kyiv city. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Grammarly has raised $200M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.