Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This position will be responsible for providing Project Management expertise and support to GRAIL projects initially focusing on product development and Operations/Scalability to ensure all Project milestones and deliverables are met, and that activities are well executed and managed. Responsibilities include the day-to-day planning, coordinating and tracking of critical activities of the product development life cycle as well as operations, , evolving to responsibilities including project management of Business Programs from the Project Management perspective. The successful candidate will partner with the Product Manager/Project Team Lead or Sub Team Leader to optimize teams’ effectiveness and decision making, facilitate team building and communication. Creates and drives timelines to keep project(s) on schedule. Collaboration with Program Management Leadership and team to define project-related budget assumptions for annual operating plan.
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules and other tracking tools to enable accurate project management across various functional areas.
- Schedule, organize, and drive project team meeting(s): prepare and distribute agendas/minutes; track action items, and escalate areas of concern to the appropriate management entity.
- Facilitate communication of sub-team issues & outcomes to the Core Team/Project team leadership.
- Manage the interfaces between functional areas and ensure effective handoff and communication between department functions to execute on important project milestones.
- Works with project Lead and/or SME to prepare status reports, specific project updates, or scenarios.
- Manage document review practice to support submission activities and other key project deliverables.
Your Background Includes:
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a scientific discipline is required, while an advanced degree (PhD, MS, MBA, MD) is desirable in a discipline related to drug development or business.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years multidisciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with 1-3 years direct project management in drug development, and Project Management Certification ( PMP or equivalent) a plus.
- Experience working under design control.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills.
- Proactive individual with strong leadership, facilitation, teamwork, and influence management/negotiation as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to proactively identify risks and drive resolution of issues.
- Ability to work independently for decision-making and resolution of project obstacles and conflicts.
- Familiarity with developing budgets and forecasting desirable.
- Ability to drive project plan and timelines (across multiple functional areas) is essential.
- Strong communication skills (in person and written word) and ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Understanding of CLIA/CAP, FDA regulatory processes and prior experience with regulatory filings with Device/Diagnostics.
- Participation in an executive steering committee for product development.
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform and be adaptive in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Proven success in goal setting, prioritization, and time management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Oncology experience.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.