Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Senior UX Designer
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, easy to use and beautiful products that patients, scientists and engineers love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, clinical associates, lab operations and bioinformatics teams to solve complex challenges and craft solutions critical to our mission.
- Help to define the user model and user interface for Grail’s products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
Your Background Includes:
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces.
- Experience building good, collaborative relationships across geographically distributed teams.
- A creative and analytical mindset to present information based on established design principles.
- Familiarity with user research methods or experience working closely with researchers.
- Familiarity with cloud computing or data center technologies.
- Passion for finding the stories buried in petabytes of data and are able to build insightful tools and data products that amplify cognition and lead to action.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.