Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Laboratory Technician I/II
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Laboratory Technician I/II for the R&D Laboratory Management team, who will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of GRAIL Research and Development activities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, dynamic team player with experience in both automated and manual molecular biology workflows combined with strong interest in NGS methodologies. The candidate will be expected to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Supply Chain, Biosample Operations, and Clinical Lab - to ensure the successful completion of R&D projects and general Operational support.
- Execute and monitor regular maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform inventory control compliant with 5S methodology.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness in compliance with the Hygiene Plan.
- Draft and review operational documentation.
- Execute on automated and manual sample preparation and NGS assays.
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials.
- Perform data analysis and present it to small and large teams.
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP, including results and methodology.
- Have excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation.
Your Background Should Include:
- B.S required in a relevant scientific field.
- 1-5 years of experience in basic molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid handling (e.g., SPRI and PCR) and quantification techniques (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR).
- Familiarity with manual and automated NGS protocols.
- Experience with Automated sample preparation workflows is a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, innovative, and creative thinker.
- General computer skills and proficiency in GSuite.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.