Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Equipment Engineering Technician
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
As an Equipment Engineering Technician, you are responsible for supporting laboratory equipment managementprocedures, in alignment to our internal Quality Management System, to ensure superior performance withinLaboratory Operations. This will include global laboratory equipment support, sustainment, and operations activitiesacross Production/Clinical, Product Development, Research and Development laboratories, in accordance with CLIA,cGMP and/or GLP guidelines.
- Support global laboratory equipment documentation by maintaining internal equipment records into our database/repository.
- Assist with internal laboratory equipment inventory processes and procedures.
- Support Equipment Management process lifecycle for new equipment acquisitions, equipment transfers, and equipment decommission.
- Document and perform laboratory equipment Calibration, Preventive Maintenance (PM), Repairs, IOPQ, validation and other equipment lifecycle processes to support a regulated lab.
- Assist in the writing and editing of SOPs
- Respond to all Equipment Engineering ticketing requests in a timely manner to minimize downtime.
- Laboratory equipment troubleshooting and root cause investigation for service and repair.
- Work with the Laboratory Operations team to execute on equipment related tasks.
- Serve as a point of contact for vendor service calls service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on instruments with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities, including calibration/preventive maintenance, with approved service provider.
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support automation.
- Maintain and administer the equipment and room temperature monitoring system.
Your Background Will Include:
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience supporting a regulated laboratory setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Scientific Discipline.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve issues.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to promote a positive team environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can independently drive projects and day-to-day work tasks to completion according to schedule.
- Adaptability in a frequently-changing environment.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and responsibility.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills are required.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.