Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Manager, Clinical Development
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Manager, Clinical Development will play an important role in guiding clinical development programs in alignment with GRAIL’s mission to detect cancer early.
- Provide direction and leadership to one or more cross-functional study teams to ensure delivery of all cross functional activities in line with the clinical development plan
- Ensure project teams have clear goals, objectives, and milestones consistent with corporate strategy and goals
- Coordinate with key internal and external stakeholders on the development and oversight of program timeline, budget, resourcing plan and risk assessment
- Be responsible for the development of key study documents including study protocols and clinical study reports
- Develop solutions to complex issues that require a high degree of ingenuity, and creativity
- Facilitate team level decision-making and escalate key decisions
- Manage and engage with study scientific advisory boards, and other thought leaders to pioneer and refine clinical development strategies
Your Background Will Include:
- 8+ years’ relevant industry experience
- Proven track record in project or study leadership roles across multiple programs/studies in in-vitro diagnostics (preferred), medical device, pharmaceutical, or biologics setting required
- Experience leading successful multi-functional matrix study teams through all stages of clinical development of trials conducted in genomics, diagnostics, oncology, or other applied medical fields
- Experience leading the development and implementation of study plans, including but not limited to study timelines, budgets, resourcing plans, and risk management plans
- Experience in critical thinking with the ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts at all levels to achieve team alignment and commitment to deliverables
- Clear understanding and experience applying ICH/GCP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the life sciences or related field required; advanced degree (Master’s or above) preferred
- Self-motivated and achievement driven
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Thrive in a team-oriented and values-oriented environment
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.