Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Staff Software Test Architect
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is looking for software engineers who enjoy testing, automation, performance, build and release, and development of high quality software. As a software engineer in test, you will be working on a broad range of software systems and projects. The focus of the role will be to develop automation test frameworks and to build developer tools. This role will be part of a cross-functional team developing software and automation solutions. You will work closely with devops, lab operations, and clinical teams developing software, comprehensive test plans, finding, tracking and resolving bugs.
- Architect and develop automated test frameworks that will establish product quality standards for our development process.
- Build a test repository/factory with consideration for scale, performance, chaos, security, etc. automated testing.
- Work with our quality team to provide seamless integration with clinical compliance documentation.
- Implement, improve, and integrate with our continuous integration platform.
- Develop methods for API testing.
- Improve and measure the performance and efficiency of Grail’s engineering infrastructure and software applications.
- Build and manage our automated testing library.
- Find and document bugs.
- Improve testing infrastructure with accountability and scalability in mind.
- Be a user advocate.
- Participate in the development of technical tools and documentation to expedite deployment, and improve customer experience.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or similar technical field.
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering building testing infrastructure.
- Medical device/healthcare software experience with a validated product is a plus.
- Experience with automating performance, scale, chaos, etc. testing.
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with AWS technologies. AWS certification is a major plus.
- Demonstrated experience and track-record of quickly learning new programming languages and technologies.
- Attention to detail and consistency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team of engineers and scientists.
- Interest in human biology and genetics. Many software engineers on our team had no prior experience in the life science industry.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.