Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Senior Clinical Scientist
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Staff Clinical Scientist is responsible for design and implementation of hypothesis-driven approaches to review, analyze and integrate large and complex clinical datasets from very large scale prospective clinical trials, empowering the clinical organization to execute on clinical trial objectives.
- Collaborate with medical directors, clinical data managers, clinical data scientists, bioinformatics, software engineers and key stakeholders in Clinical and R&D on data reviews & analyses of clinical datasets and development of presentation approaches
- Design and implement systematic approaches to review, clean, analyze and integrate large and complex clinical datasets from one or more very large scale prospective clinical trials
- Provide regular and ad-hoc data reviews and interpretation of clinical data; prepare and present summaries/documentations of these reviews
- Participate in data quality review activities and efforts to resolve data quality issues
- Support efforts to advance the clinical development and scientific plans (review and interpretation of study data; engagement of key opinion leaders; providing strategic and scientific input to study-level and program-level teams)
- Contribute to development of data fields and data/metadata standards to support overall study analyses and sub-analyses
- Represent Clinical Development on project teams with goals of building and deploying systematic approaches for data review, cleaning and analyses
- Contribute to methods to ensure clinical data integrity and quality throughout the data lifecycle, ensuring appropriate blinding and study subject identity protection
- Develop electronic case report forms and other clinical data capture methods for clinical data acquisition and clinical outcomes and follow-up
Your Background Will Include:
- Advanced clinical/science degree (eg PharmD, PhD, MSN, MPH) with 3+ years of oncology clinical research experience. Industry experience is a strong plus
- Strong track record in data handling and integrating complex, large-scale datasets
- Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration in prospective clinical trial setting while ensuring clinical data quality
- Proficiency with real-time data visualization and analytics tools preferred, experience in programming (e.g. R) highly desirable
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g. ICH, GCP, HIPAA)
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal), presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent team player with demonstrated track record of success in a cross-functional team environment. Consistent commitment to delivering on team goals with a sense of shared urgency
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.