Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Staff Full-Stack Software Engineer/Architect
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
In this role, you’ll enjoy working on a broad array of software systems and projects. The team is responsible for customer-facing software used to capture and manage clinical data. We strive to build a robust and scalable infrastructure as well as easy-to-use UI interfaces. Our technical stack consists of Go, AWS, Kubernetes, Microservices, and React.
- Use your experience architecting and developing front-end applications and distributed systems to build software that supports GRAIL products, studies, and internal tools.
- Understand behaviors and dependencies among systems in order to identify an optimal breakdown into modular, reusable microservices.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of application architecture guiding principles, policies, best practices, and standards.
- Build and operate the infrastructure and tooling that runs the systems and powers the team.
- Driving best practices for scaling, monitoring, logging, reliability, security, code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Mentoring and teaching other team members to help improve their skills and elevate the software organization.
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience designing, developing, testing, and maintaining full-stack applications and microservice ecosystems.
- Experience providing technical structure to teams and working closely with management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools, and testing frameworks.
- Passion for software engineering, as well as software engineering teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership and self-direction.
- Willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.