Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Patent Attorney (Life Science/Bioinformatics)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Patent Attorney will independently support all aspects of GRAIL’s legal needs, with a focus on patent preparation and prosecution for life science, and bioinformatics inventions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a global intellectual property strategy in line with GRAIL’s business goals
- Collaborate with research and product development teams to identify and capture high value innovation
- Manage internal and external resources for the preparation, filing, prosecution, strategy and management of U.S. and international patent, trademark, and trade secret portfolios
- Conduct searches and analyze patent documents and scientific literature
- Monitor and analyze competitive intellectual property and product offerings
- Support corporate IP awareness through IP educational efforts
Your Background Will Include:
- Technical background preferred in life science (ideally, experience in life science with at least some bioinformatics and/or data science experience)
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- At least 4+ years of experience in patent prosecution with prior in house experience preferred
- Experience with global patent prosecution, patent appeals, post-grant proceedings, and European opposition proceedings a plus
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure to meet time deadlines is required and to flexibly change priorities as needed
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.