Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Staff Front End Software Engineer/Architect
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
In this role, you’ll enjoy working on a broad array of software systems and have high impact by building user experiences critical to GRAIL's mission. The team is responsible for customer-facing software used to capture and manage clinical data. We strive to build a robust and scalable infrastructure as well as easy-to-use UI interfaces. Our technical stack consists of React, Go, AWS, Kubernetes, and Microservices.
- Use your experience architecting and developing front-end applications and distributed systems to build software that supports GRAIL products, studies, and internal tools.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to overcome real-world problems that sometimes can’t be solved with software alone.
- Mentor and teach other team members to help improve their skills and elevate the software organization.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Provide guidance on improving the user experience of our front-end applications through design and performance optimizations.
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software.
- Experience with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks.
- Experience developing user-facing software.
- Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as React, Material UI, Underscore and Lodash, Formik.
- Excellent sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- An understanding of the benefits of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
- Passion about software engineering, as well as software engineering teams.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership and self-direction.
- Willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.