Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Associate Director / Director, Software Product Management
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is hiring an Associate Director / Director, Software Product Management who is an excellent team player and enjoys transferring and sharing knowledge across teams. Our ideal candidate has significant experience in developing complex healthcare-related software and cooperating with cross-functional team members to ensure products meet user and business needs.
- Own the technical platform lifecycle, which includes defining the technical product roadmap for software enabling lab processing, data management, data analytics and storage.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on feature specifications, collecting/resolving requirements from all relevant stakeholders, and making decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs.
- Craft a technical platform product story: Build a product narrative that clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals, and criteria for success.
- Understand all technical and non-technical roadblocks and work with stakeholders to resolve them. Stakeholders include Lab Operators, R&D Scientists, Data Scientists, Bioinformaticians, Clinicians, Software Engineers, Product Marketers and Project Managers.
- Represent the project to management: Responsible for the strategic presentations to the leadership team.
- Write PRDs, strategy docs, and deliver presentations.
- Occasional travel to support the clinical team.
Your Background Includes:
- BA/BS, Master’s or PhD preferred, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in healthcare and/or life sciences.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen.
- Experience working in a start-up environment, leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issues.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to resolve.
- Ability to guide without authority.
- Ability to negotiate scope, product features, specifications, across, and down in the organization.
- Ability to prioritize, set goals and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize industry best practices in preparing deliverables (e.g. proposals, program plans, product requirements).
- Detail oriented and passionate in making sure all aspects of product use, performance, manufacturing and QC are well understood.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.