Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Senior Automation Engineer (Liquid Handling & Assay Development)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Senior Automation Engineer will join a team responsible for transitioning manual workflows and processes on to semi/fully automated robotics platforms as appropriate and provide ongoing support of these systems. The Automation Engineer will primarily interact with scientists, software developers and end users to bring automation technologies into day-to-day laboratory operations. The ideal candidate will be experienced in liquid handling robotic platforms and NGS assay workflows.
- Transition manual workflows onto automated liquid handlers
- Configure, program and troubleshoot laboratory automated platforms
- Optimize existing automated processes to improve efficiency, throughput, robustness and quality
- Provide support for existing equipment and coordinate vendor support as required
- Author, execute and document test plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for automated workflows
- Coordinate with different cross functional team members and execute projects in a timely manner
- Monitor and evaluate new and emerging technologies in laboratory automation systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your Background Will Include:
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, chemistry, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience in automation and liquid handling
- Proficiency in both writing and optimizing scripts on automated liquid handling platforms (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman, etc.,)
- Experience with writing and executing test protocols
- Experience with NGS methods is highly desirable
- Analytical, creative thinker, ability to solve problems
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Highly energetic and self-motivated. Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a clinically regulated environment is highly desirable
- Excellent written and communication skills
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.