Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
As an Application Architect at GRAIL, you’ll enjoy working on a broad array of software systems and projects. We pride ourselves on building effective, efficient, easy to use and scalable software systems to address GRAIL’s many computational and automation related challenges.
You Will Be:
- Understanding software workflows for GRAIL products, studies, and internal tools across multiple distributed systems.
- Designing and communicating the application architecture required to support across multiple teams and systems.
- Understanding behaviors and dependencies among systems in order to identify an optimal breakdown into modular, reusable microservices.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of application architecture guiding principles, policies, best practices, and standards.
- Driving best practices for scaling, monitoring, logging, reliability, and security.
- Mentoring and teaching other team members to help improve their skills and elevate the software organization.
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical field.
- At least 15+ years of industry work experience designing, developing, and maintaining full-stack applications and microservice ecosystems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
Bonus Points:- Experience with AWS infrastructure. AWS certifications, especially Pro Solutions Architect.
- Experience with database migration, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry.
- Experience managing PHI and other clinical data in a HIPAA-compliant environment.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.