Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Senior Software Engineer
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
As senior software engineer at GRAIL you’ll enjoy working on a broad array of software systems and projects. We pride ourselves on building effective, efficient, easy to use and scalable software systems to address GRAIL’s many computational and automation related challenges.
Quality and operational excellence are our joint responsibility. Each team member has ownership of the quality our products from design, through implementation, testing and production. We review code before check-in, have thorough unit and integration tests, continuous integration and reproducible production deployments that we jointly operate.
- Cloud (Amazon, Google) automation and service development.
- Data storage design, APIs and associated large scale data processing systems and algorithms.
- Compression techniques and algorithms; algorithm design, implementation, and optimization for processing DNA sequencing data.
- LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), lab robotics and automation management systems
- EDC (Electronic Data Capture) System for conducting Clinical Studies
- Mobile and web application development, user interface design and user experience research.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or similar technical field.
- At least 5 years of industry experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining software.
- Interest in human biology and genetics (many engineers on our team have no prior experience in the life science industry.)
Bonus Points:- Extensive experience in any of these areas: distributed systems, databases, security, storage, networking, web applications, UI or automation.
- Experience with next generation sequencing data analysis (DNA, RNA, or epigenetic analysis.)
- Demonstrated experience with and track record of learning new programming languages and technologies. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.