Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Associate Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (Contract)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Our new Associate Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (contract) will help implement the overall strategy regarding Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program in partnership with the HR team and external vendors. You will actively provide coaching, consulting, project management, and evolve our DEI strategy with leaders at all levels to further advance a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. You will sponsor organization-wide development efforts such as Employee Resource Groups and training.
- Implement diversity equity and inclusion strategy and build accountability measures that enable GRAIL to progress on goals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to the organization and partner on strategies and actionable goals to support diversity initiatives.
- Partner with the business, People team,DEI stakeholders (e.g., DEI Council, ERGs), and C-Suite DEI sponsors to understand business priorities and needs
- Provide subject matter expertise in DEI through using evidence-based best practices to drive results.
- Collaborate across the People function to ensure that strategies and practices are rooted in creating, sustaining and developing a diverse and inclusive pipeline and employee experience as well as mitigate bias
- Partners with the communications team to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, events and progress.
- Develop short- and long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth and evolution of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Provides out of the box thought leadership and expertise in growing and supporting the ERGs.
- Keep current with leading research on DEI
- Provides benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics
Your Background Should Include:
- At least 8+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 - 5 in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space.
- BA/BS along with requisite years of experience leading work in the DEI space.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders and present to all levels of seniority (such as conducting presentations to build awareness and provide updates to stakeholders on progress/growth).
- Expertise in drawing meaningful insights from data to inform strategy, tell a narrative and operationalize solutions.
- Proven track record of execution through program management.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key partners and to get results through collaboration.
- Ability to identify and track metrics of success (results and outcome orientation).
- Effective facilitator with ability to navigate difficult conversations with an executive audience.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.