Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Staff DevOps Engineer - Life Sciences
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is looking for a scientific-computing focused DevOps engineer to manage and improve the infrastructure that software engineers and scientists rely on across all stages of our research program. You will collaborate with cross functional teams including Bioinformatics, Software Engineering, IT, Clinical and Lab Operations, and Data Science to facilitate a diverse research environment, set up robust and reproducible computational tools, and monitor and optimize the team’s resource usage. In this role, you will be in a position to empower the engineering and scientist teams with the platforms they need as we work towards detecting cancer early!
- Design, create, and maintain systems and infrastructure.
- Write tools to improve productivity of team members.
- Improve maintainability and robustness of the codebase.
- Monitor and improve the availability, and usage of scientific compute resources.
- Help evolve code and environment architectural design to support a growing team of 70+ software and bioinformatics engineers.
- Pioneer, implement, and enforce best practices for automated testing, software deployment, and code management.
Your Background Includes:
- 5+ years of professional experience in an SRE, DevOps, or Cloud infrastructure engineer role.
- Extensive knowledge of one or more build systems: Bazel, Buck, Maven, Gradle.
- Hands-on knowledge of continuous integration, Jenkins, Github, and Jira.
- Proficient in Bash.
- Experience with Docker.
- Some experience writing Python, Java, Golang, Ruby, PHP, or TypeScript (ideally fluent in multiple).
- Preferred experience:Familiarity with scientific computing tools: Tensor flow, NumPy, PyTorch, Jupyter, etc.
- Knowledge of terraform, AWS security and architecture.
- Experience building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.