Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Clinical Trial Manager / Senior Clinical Trial Manager (Contractor)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Clinical Trial Manager / Sr. Clinical Trial Manager (Contractor) has overall responsibility to support Clinical Operations. This will include supporting overall day-to-day execution of a clinical trial, building strong internal and external relationships, managing clinical sites, and collaborating with cross functional teams.
This position will require a candidate to have experience with working in a fast paced environment, ability to work in ambiguity, proactive in seeking and utilizing the resources available to effectively problem solve, ability to be flexible and creative yet ensuring the clinical trial is executed within compliance of regulations and of the highest quality, and to be able to identify areas of improvement to drive efficiency within Clinical Operations.
- Manage all clinical operational aspects of a clinical trial from site selection, start-up, enrollment, maintenance, and close-out
- Prepare and review study related plans and documents including protocols, informed consent forms, recruitment plans, monitoring plans, protocol deviation plans, and case report forms with minimal supervision
- Participate in identifying, selecting, and monitoring the performance of clinical sites
- Ensure proper site training and management, provide ongoing oversight of clinical site compliance with study plans, study protocol, SOPs, FDA regulations, ICH/GCP guidelines, and in accordance with all applicable regulations
- Participate in EDC set-up by contributing to case report form design, user acceptance testing, completion guideline development and other related activities
- Identify any potential risks to the study timelines and/or conduct, proposes mitigations and implements mitigations with cross-functional team and manager support
- Monitor clinical data entry progress and follow up on incomplete data entry and/or outstanding queries
- Contribute to the development and management of site budgets and ensure invoice payment according to site payment terms
- Work cross functionally with other departments such as Legal, Data Management, Biospecimen Management, and Finance on all aspects of the clinical trial
- Provide oversight of regional monitors, vendors or contract research organizations (CRO)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication with sites and site staff.
- Ensures Trial Master File (TMF) is current and maintained
- Provides guidance and mentorship to CPAs (Clinical Project Assistants)
Your Experience Will Include:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the life sciences or related field required. Additional coursework in clinical trial planning and execution strongly desired
- 5+ years of relevant experience in managing clinical trials in either sponsor or CRO organizations, with a strong track record of successful trial initiation and execution
- Industry experience within in vitro diagnostics (IVD) highly preferred; pharmaceutical, biologics or medical device experience also acceptable
- Thorough knowledge of GCP, ICH guidelines and other US and international clinical regulatory requirements
- Working experience with an electronic data capture system, CTMS system, and eTMF system
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal), organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively under a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time
- Proficient with office automation tools, such as Microsoft Office and the Google suite of apps
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.