Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Medical Writer II / Senior Medical Writer
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Medical Writer II/Senior Medical Writer to join the Medical Communications team in the Medical Affairs (MA) department to develop high-quality, scientifically accurate medical communications materials (eg, manuscripts, abstracts) for dissemination to a variety of audiences. The ideal candidate is a clear and precise writer, detail-oriented, driven, independent, and able to respond quickly to evolving needs. Although remote candidates will be considered, candidates based in the Menlo Park, California, office (after COVID-19 restrictions have lifted) will be preferred. This role will report to the Lead Medical Writer/Director of Medical Communications in the Medical Affairs Department.
- Development, and Biostatistics and Data Science teams to develop peer-reviewed publications (manuscripts) and conference materials (abstracts, posters, presentations)
- Under the direction of the Head of Medical Writing and the Director of Medical Communication, draft and edit manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Draft and edit abstracts, posters, and slide decks for presentation at scientific and medical congresses
- Work collaboratively to incorporate/adjudicate comments from internal and external stakeholders through document development to produce final high-quality deliverables
- Potential to participate in the writing, editing, and confirmation of the scientific and medical accuracy of non-peer-reviewed materials, potentially including investigator slide decks, internally-facing medical education materials, marketing materials (including white papers), FAQ documents, Q&A documents, one-pagers, field medical materials, or potentially other medical, clinical, and regulatory documents
- Critically analyze complex data and information and collaborate with clinical, medical, and biostatistics/data science teams on data analysis, description, and presentation
- Collaborate with graphic designers or other vendors to develop related graphics and figures
- Interact with internal stakeholders and with external service providers to ensure the timely development, review, and publication of documents
- Ensure that publication development and all materials produced are in compliance with current relevant guidelines, including but not limited to the ICMJE and GPP3, as well as GRAIL policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain in-depth scientific, medical, and technical knowledge relevant to GRAIL’s clinical studies and pipeline
- Have a demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communications describing scientific and clinical data in English
Your Experience Will Include:
- An advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) with at least 3 years of experience in medical/publication writing in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device, medical communication agency, or CRO industries (time spent writing in graduate school or in a post-doctoral role excluded), OR
- A MS degree with at least 6 years of experience (time spent writing in graduate school excluded), OR
- Equivalent experience demonstrating sufficient expertise
- Experience writing, editing, reviewing, and formatting manuscripts, abstracts, poster presentations, and slide decks. The
- Excellent writing ability with strong editorial and formatting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- An independently motivated working style with good problem-solving skills allowing analysis, synthesis, and compilation of data from a broad range of disciplines
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and complete high-quality documents according to timelines
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, cohesive, collaborative team-oriented work environment
- A background in molecular biology/genomics, oncology, cell-free nucleic acids, or diagnostics a plus
- Experience generating Medical Information standard response letters and FAQ documents a plus
- Strong Google Suite (Gdocs, Gsheets, Gslides) or Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills required; experience using Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign) a plus
- Please provide at least one manuscript that you are first-author or one which you are acknowledged as the scientific writer.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.