Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
People Business Partner
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The People Business Partners (sometimes called HRBPs) at GRAIL are critical to achieving our mission to detect cancer early when it can be cured. This team helps shape our collective leadership, our ability to do life saving work, and helps us connect with one another with authenticity and greatness. At GRAIL, we rely on the strategic thinking of our People Team and its ability to advise and advance the business. GRAIL seeks a thought leader and disrupter that is also a thoughtful steward of organizational resources.
- Consult and advise executive clients on strategic culture, business, and talent topics to advance the life-saving objectives of GRAIL. Advance our collective leadership through disruptive and innovative people-partnering.
- Serve as both a thought leader and operational expert to enable the business to provide fantastic coaching, employee development, organizational development, succession planning, talent planning, and performance management at all levels.
- Provide employees with an empathetic and invested first-contact point to discuss and solve employee challenges such as total rewards, leaves of absence, employee development and career pathing, etc.
- Build and lead solutions and programs that are tailor and appropriate for the clients for their given stage of development and evolution; drive those programs in ways that stand-out and make meaningful impact for our people and mission.
- Collaborate closely with Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards to provide a seamless and integrated experience for potential and current employees and leaders.
- Manage employee relations issues for your clients as they arise addressing challenges with sensitivity, thoughtfulness, and care for compliance and legal considerations.
- Build a culture of growth and development among our teams by enabling all GRAILers to be leaders and to lend support for the growth process.
- Ensure data-driven insights and decisions are drawn and made in the business by partnering with the Total Rewards + Systems team to produce talent reporting and translate those data into meaningful stories.
- Facilitate strategic change, resilience, and adaptability as GRAIL grows and shifts.
Your Background Should Include:
- 3-5 years of People Operations or Human Resources experience with progressive scope and scale of responsibility; HRBP or generalist experience considered favorably as is diversity of experience.
- Relevant undergraduate degree or noteworthy experience combined with HR certifications; advanced degree in organizational behavior or business considered favorably.
- Experience building and implementing People Operations programs with measured success.
- Experience partnering at the leadership levels as a trusted advisor.
- Fluency with and ability to coach on diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging.
- Experience handling sensitive employee relations matters.
- Experience working with tech or life sciences preferred; experience working with technical and scientific experts highly preferred.
- Ability to work adeptly with data analysis and systems.
- Strong competency with coaching with proven results in advancing the development of managers and leaders.
- Strong knowledge of HR compliance, legislation, and best practice.
- Experience in a rapid growth or start-up organization (and the resulting requirement to wear multiple hats) viewed favorably.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.