Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Supply Chain Analyst 2
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a motivated Supply Chain Management Analyst to ensure strong material supply health by proactively managing our supply delivery programs, defining new and improving existing processes, and interfacing at all levels of the organization to meet team goals. The ideal candidate will have supply chain experience in reagents and consumables inventory management in a life sciences environment. This individual will be partnering closely with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Under the direction of the Supply Chain Director, this individual will be responsible for developing operational strategies through data analytics and process improvement measures for successful product launches at GRAIL. The role will provide support for production scheduling of internal operations. In addition, this individual will perform analysis of demand and forecast data for long and short-term planning, taking into consideration lead times and production capacity.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure a proactive approach to scheduling is achieved
- Track production and purchase orders to ensure committed delivery dates are achieved
- Perform weekly tracking of KPIs and report on Supply Chain Planning
- Define and manage applicable ERP settings and master data
- Monitor capacity loading on assigned production lines and forecast
- Calculate, propose, and oversee safety stock targets
- Prepare executive level presentations on supply chain issues as needed
- Query databases for information required for informed decision making
- Conduct complex spreadsheet analysis during issue resolution and/or scenario planning
- Provide input for SKU rationalization and other materials life-cycle management analysis
- Perform basic financial analysis
- Satisfy both internal and external customer requirements, while considering internal manufacturing and capacity constraints, and supplier capacity constraints
- Highlight and escalate concerns that may impact business measures adversely
- Drive solution development, internal customer communications, and monitoring of department efficiencies through cross-functional projects
- Work on supply chain design and process improvement projects
- Identify key issues across a broad range of areas and effectively communicate recommendations to Lab Operations leadership
- Translate business requirements into project and technical deliverables
- Review, analyze data and reports to assist management in coordination of efforts to achieve desired outcomes
Your Background Will Include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Supply Chain or other areas of relevance (e.g. Science, Engineering, Business) and a minimum 3 years of experience in a medical device/life sciences environment; or Masters degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Project management skills to enable the prioritization of tasks for Supply Chain
- Problem solving mindset, and an outstanding business data analytics acumen
- Solutions-driven ability to evaluate situations, and quickly and efficiently identify options resulting in appropriate outcomes
- Demonstrated excellent ability working in a complex, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop ad-hoc tools/processes as needed in a start-up environment
- APICS certification is a plus
- Understanding of cGMP principles and standards
- Understanding of basic MPS/MRP principles and logic
- Excellent working knowledge of BOM’s/routings, manufacturing processes and operations, MRP/ERP setup and operations
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Project, Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent attention to detail, but with a keen awareness of the big picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate well with colleagues and internal/external customers
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.