Grail’s mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured
Customer Service Representative
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) serves as the primary point of contact when a customer places a call to GRAIL. In addition to being responsible for receiving and initiating inbound and outbound communications from customers in GRAIL’s on-site call center environment, the CSR demonstrates a firm understanding of the importance of exceptional service within the realm of cancer care. This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask, flexibility regarding tasks and schedule, and the ability to work independently as well as within a highly-collaborative team environment. It also requires kindness, respect for others, empathy, and positivity. The CSR is committed to personal and professional change and growth, meeting the needs of the customer and company, and making a true difference in a caller’s day and within the healthcare landscape as a whole.
- Respond to inbound communication within GRAIL’s on-site customer call center environment.
- Initiate outbound communication with physicians and other medical personnel to expeditiously resolve issues related to specimens and paperwork received in GRAIL’s CLIA Laboratory.
- Demonstrate ownership of each customer interaction, seeing all cases through to completion.
- Accurately document all interactions with customers in GRAIL’s customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Enter and qualify customer and patient information into GRAIL’s laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Interact effectively with GRAIL’s call center software.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of laboratory operations and a willingness to contribute to processes within the laboratory.
- Document interactions in a clear, concise and thorough manner and ensure proper completion of tasks during scheduled working hours.
- Maintain the highest level of courtesy and hospitality under all conditions.
- Embody GRAIL values and communicate with others in accordance with these standards.
- Remain composed in conflict situations and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of GRAIL products and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and non-laboratory personnel.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to customer service and accessioning issue resolution.
- Comply with GRAIL policies regarding Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control, Chemical Hazards, Illness and Injury Prevention, Fire Safety, and Quality Assurance.
- Abide by CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, and other state, federal, and regulatory guidelines.
Your Background Should Include:
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 year customer service experience in the laboratory or in a closely-related field.
- An additional 3 years of experience in any other customer-facing field is preferred.
- Strong communication with co-workers, managers and customers.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accept, integrate, and apply constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and drive results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong computer, internet, and software operation skills.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly and honestly.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- This position will occasionally require work at night, on weekends, and on holidays.
Complete health coverage
Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
On site amenities
Stay healthy, happy and productive with our gym facilities, and daily catered lunches and snacks for all.
Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide peace of mind for long-term financial planning.
GRAIL at a glance
GRAIL focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Diagnostics, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, GRAIL has raised $3.605B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.