A seamless extensible network for machine authentication & identity
Senior QA Engineer
About the Position
The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our software platform meets the high functional, stability, and performance standards of Gradient. You’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the development of our privacy-preserving, low-latency, highly distributed compute infrastructure and the services it empowers.
You will work closely with the rest of the engineering team to understand the features and technical implementation, to develop and manage Gradient’s build and scripting environment, and to develop test plans, automation, and test suites that approximate real-world environments, customer use cases, and business needs to ensure proper functionality, improve the stability of the existing network, and develop test automation for future services.
You will work closely with our managers, PMs, developers, and other stakeholders to build and expand testing coverage for our applications. You will develop test plans and build regression suites, and own the quality of features that form the building blocks of our platforms.
This is an opportunity to be a key contributor to a world-class, highly scalable, distributed, low-latency platform that delivers best-in-class privacy and security services.
Gradient Technologies® is a Boston-based, venture-backed technology company building a trust fabric for the connected world.
At Gradient we see a world in which the authenticity and integrity of every electronic device, the software it operates, data it originates, stores, and computes, are provable qualities by construction. Gradient is committed to getting security right, without sacrificing privacy. We have developed a truly full-stack approach to security: from secure software architecture and fault tolerant distributed systems to firmware and OS modules, state-of-the-art anonymous cryptographic signatures -- all the way to state of the art secure enclave processor hardware architecture. Our technology stack is the culmination of decades of secure architecture, systems, and cryptography research at MIT, Brown, Berkeley, and elsewhere.
Advised by industry leaders from healthcare to finance, our founding team comprises world-leading experts in cryptography and secure hardware. We believe in taking a first principles approach to problem solving — and share a common desire to build impactful technology for the betterment of society. In previous lives, Gradient team members have built human brain-machine interfaces, the Macbook Air, satellite constellations, and mission critical hardware and software. (We’ve also been known to, for example, hack the office espresso machine — sometimes open loop temperature control just don’t cut it.)
We have a lot to build! If you are a talented, productive, and curious engineer excited by a startup environment and comfortable tackling lightly scoped problems with others of your caliber, then at Gradient you will have the opportunity to help build and shape the technologies that bring much-needed reform to the field of secure systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent experience building/shipping technical products.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in QA or System Test, working in or with one or more of the following: compute/storage system development, large scale data center infrastructure, cybersecurity systems, distributed systems architecture and design, software system development, and/or networking development
- Exceptional skills in C, python, and Shell/Make
- Proficiency with build automation, QA methodologies, testing, and testing automation
- Excellent understanding of Linux-based Operating Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and update automation scripts
- Understand load testing and traffic simulation and generation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Foundational understanding of internet infrastructure and cloud computing
- Working knowledge of DevOps
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle competing priorities
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Have previous early-stage startup experience. Desire to work in a growing, fast-paced environment of innovation
- Outstanding problem solving skills in the diagnosis of customer issues and perform script assisted issue root causing
- Ideally, experience working with Kubernetes, RESTful APIs, JSON, protocol buffers, etc.
- Design and develop quality assurance, test processes, automated test framework, and test code and scripts for Gradient’s Relay distributed platform
- Develop and manage build environment and scripting
- Provide testing support to projects and product releases both with automated tests, and manual testing as required
- Write, review and execute user stories, test plans, test cases, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of solution
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of our software through testing (integration, compatibility, functional, load, performance, regression, soak, security)
- Ensure the quality of the platform is continually improving, as shown by increasing reliability
- Develop test cases to load platform performance, scale and feature qualification
- Simulate complex real world environments to replicate undesirable behaviors and confirm corrections
- Advocate for quality in development and production releases. Collaborate on the release process.
- Making the process better by automating what should be automated, and documenting what should be documented
Gradient is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Gradient at a glance
Gradient focuses on Internet Infrastructure, Enterprise Security, Internet of Things, and Distributed Systems. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.gradient.tech