A seamless extensible network for machine authentication & identity
About the Position
The product manager works closely with engineers, marketers, executives, partners, etc. to shephard products to market. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds.
You lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and external partners, and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
You will be responsible for working with partners to support early technical conversations and advise our partners as they integrate our solutions. You will work in a technical consultative capacity with our partners to identify technical challenges, provide engineering guidance and solutions, and establish development timelines. You will support our business and partner teams in assessing partner technical needs and educating partners as they design their platform solutions.
This is an opportunity to drive the development and deployment of a world-class, highly scalable, distributed, low-latency platform that delivers best-in-class privacy and security services.
Gradient Technologies® is a Boston-based, venture-backed technology company building a trust fabric for the connected world.
At Gradient we see a world in which the authenticity and integrity of every electronic device, the software it operates, data it originates, stores, and computes, are provable qualities by construction. Gradient is committed to getting security right, without sacrificing privacy. We have developed a truly full-stack approach to security: from secure software architecture and fault tolerant distributed systems to firmware and OS modules, state-of-the-art anonymous cryptographic signatures -- all the way to state of the art secure enclave processor hardware architecture. Our technology stack is the culmination of decades of secure architecture, systems, and cryptography research at MIT, Brown, Berkeley, and elsewhere.
Advised by industry leaders from healthcare to finance, our founding team comprises world-leading experts in cryptography and secure hardware. We believe in taking a first principles approach to problem solving — and share a common desire to build impactful technology for the betterment of society. In previous lives, Gradient team members have built human brain-machine interfaces, the Macbook Air, satellite constellations, and mission critical hardware and software. (We’ve also been known to, for example, hack the office espresso machine — sometimes open loop temperature control just don’t cut it.)
We have a lot to build! If you are a talented, productive, and curious engineer excited by a startup environment and comfortable tackling lightly scoped problems with others of your caliber, then at Gradient you will have the opportunity to help build and shape the technologies that bring much-needed reform to the field of secure systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent experience building/shipping technical products.
- Program management experience in the technology or other highly-technical industries, either in technology development, product development, professional services, and/or corporate IT.
- Working with cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility to travel (up to 25%).
- 5 years of product and/or program management experience in the development of systems.
- Effective project/program management skills, leading and implementing high-impact projects with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and consultation skills.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders both with and without direct authority.
- Have previous early-stage startup experience. Desire to work in a growing, fast-paced environment of innovation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with technical and non-technical groups.
- Experience creating strategic product roadmap(s).
- Foundation in computer science, with competencies in networking, security, systems architecture and design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: security and privacy, embedded systems, cloud infrastructure, software as a service, compute/storage systems, networking systems, or development and operations.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous projects, from initial development through production, with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with Gradient engineers, technical staff, and specific partners to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
- Work closely with specific partners to understand requirements, manage joint projects, and achieve strategic business goals.
- Identify, prioritize, and manage key technical changes and risks of a given product. Manage communication of progress within the core team and external stakeholders, and escalate issues as necessary.
- Address product related questions and technical challenges; improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly.
Gradient is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Gradient at a glance
Gradient focuses on Internet Infrastructure, Enterprise Security, Internet of Things, and Distributed Systems. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.gradient.tech